welcome to thediaryofatallgirl!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Don't Even Know How To Make Jello

I am probably the biggest noob when it comes to cooking. I mean, you don't even have to add a stove or oven to the process, and I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to food. I obviously did not get my mother's impeccable culinary genes... more like my Dad's "where is the Ramen noodle isle?" genes.

My mom asked me to make jello for desert tonight and right on the box it said "Boil 2.5 cups of water". So what did I do? I boiled 1 cup of water. What.

So before the end of this year, 2013, I want to learn to make... something. Actually, 5 things, all via Pinterest. Now, this can either go two ways: These damn pinners can screw me over by making these recipes look easy but it's actually harder than climbing Mt. Everest. OR, it'll turn out that I'm just an idiot and needed overly exaggerated steps that even a 5 year old doesn't need.

Here we go.



1) One Pan Fettuccine Alfredo via. This one caught my eye for 3 reasons: one pan [less dishes to do, yuck], pasta [my favorite], and cheese [yum yum yum]. This one will probably get done soo because I'm excited about it!
2) Mozzarella Sticks via. Maybe I'll get halfway decent at this "dinner prep" thing and I can make these. All of my family will like them.
3) Salted Caramel Popcorn via. I was waiting for this recipe to pop up on my quest through the Food & Drink Pinterest board. I love salted caramel everything [cough, cough, common white girl] and I've never tried a popcorn version. Yay!
4) Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies via. My mom loves peanut butter and her birthday is this month so I plan on making these for her. Well, try that is. It's the thought that counts, right?
5) Lasagna Dip via. I don't know if you're following the trend, but I love pasta and cheese. I'll probably haul my mom in to help me with this one so we can make it for a Sunday football game!

Don't worry, I'll be documenting everything right here, on my blog. Uh oh, guys... What am I getting myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! =)

Search This Blog