welcome to thediaryofatallgirl!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cinderella on Broadway, Bubba Gumps, + BFFS (A Day in NYC)

   Every other year, my school music department takes a trip to NYC [orgasm... love it] to see a show on Broadway. In 2011 we saw Wicked, and this year was Cinderella!


Can I just say the way the show was written was spectacular, a true gem.

I was seriously disappointed when the show started and I realized that the $69 ticket I had bought bought me a ticket to the "old school" style Cinderella. Needless to say, I was not to thrilled that I wouldn't be hearing Bippity Boppity Boo. 



Nevertheless, this is a Broadway show we're talking about, and after that mere 5 minutes of agitation and irritation, I was sucked up by the whirling of .3 second costume changes and flowing dresses and pretty boys and moving sets and, well, magic. I can't believe that I was mad about missing school to sit in a show I didn't like! Like, shut up Carolyn. Sheesh.




As well as seeing Cinderella, if you're ever in NYC, take a stop in at Bubba Gumps. It's a Forrest Gump themed restaurant [glad I've seen that one.... not] in Times Square that showcases some of the nicest New Yorkers I have, and probably ever will have, met. Seriously, there are probably twelve gajillion employees and each and every one of them is willing to say hi and strike up conversation and be pleasant. It felt homey. [As homey as a restaurant can be, that is.]









Have you ever been to NYC?
What's your favorite place you've been?
Your favorite Broadway show you've seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! =)

Search This Blog