welcome to thediaryofatallgirl!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

All About My Skin!

Today I wanted to share my new found love for skin care with you, but I thought that I would tell you a little about my skin first! My face has definitely taken precedent in my makeup/night/eating routines and patterns. So before we start with the plethora of skin related posts I have planned, here's a little bit of what's goin on with the biggest organ of my body! [How nerdy and unnecessary was that? LOL!]


1. Describe your routine in 5 words. Simple, gentle, easy, fresh, cheap. I'm all about 5 minute routine that make me feel good and my wallet not want to crumble into a million tiny pieces and die. 

2. What's your skin type? It depends on the day - acne prone always. Usually it's oily, but on some random day it can dry out like crazy. It's definitely sensitive and susceptible to break outs [as many of you know]. 

3. What's your favourite skincare product? My holy grail is most definitely the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Despite negative opinions on how harsh it is, I love it in moderation. 

4. What's your top blemish zapper? I haven't found one that does the trick for me 100% of the time, but I do really like the Proactiv Refining Mask and plain ole mint toothpaste [if you're very careful].
 
5. Face wipes: yes or no? Wipes, no. They don't work and they're not worth the $6 for 20 if you're using 2 every night!

6. Toner: yes or no? Yes! I just started using the Simple Soothing Toner and I love how it makes my face feel after I cleanse. 

7. High end: skincare or make up? As much as I'd like to say skincare, I spend more of my money on makeup BUT I'm looking into reversing those as I get older [and need it more!]. 

8. What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried? If any of you guys remember the Neutrogena wave... How was that even helpful for your skin? Not invigorating at all! LOL. 
 
9. Which one item would you choose in a French pharmacy? Granted, I don't know what this means.... I'll infer its asking what's one drugstore skin product I like? I just picked up the Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer and it's one of the few ones I like!

10. What's your top skincare tip? Don't stress - literally! It causes way more problems than just breaking out, plus, if you're stressing over skin care, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I've realy gotten into the whole skin care thing lately because it's worsened in the past few months and I'm definitely not a fan of all the little friends I've gained! Hmph. 

What's your favorite skin care product ever?
Have you ever struggled with acne or other skin problems?
How did you overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! =)

Search This Blog