welcome to thediaryofatallgirl!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Final Verdit: Revlon Colorstay Foundation


So about a month ago, I purchased and filmed a "first impressions" video on the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I chose the formula for combination/oily skin in the color 150 Buff. Initially, I loved the color match to me: it was what made me fall in love with the foundation... for about 2 hours.



After hours of wear, I noticied some fading (mind you, I didn't have on a powder or concealer or anything like that). No big deal, tomorrow I'll set it with a powder. Cool.

The next day comes and I get all ready, lookin cute, Colorstay on my face, you know, the whole spiel. Now,  I never stop into the bathroom to touch up my face or anything (cause Lord knows my public high school can't afford decent bathroom lighting but we have a $7,000 automatic water bottle filler, which I take advantage of 3 times everyday, don't get me wrong...) anyways. There's no point in checking myself out in the mirrors. To make a long story short. And I was wearing a supposed "24-Hour" foundation through my 6.5 hour school day. No biggie. 

No, huge biggie. To much of my dismay, upon my return home, the foundation had oxidized like no other, completely rubbed off around my nose and was clinging to my acne like c-r-a-z-y. No bueno. 

I tried it again for a few days but absolutely could not take the way it felt as the bottle got older. So I started mixing it with my Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer (a holy grail for me). In my opinion, if you have to buy another product to make a foundation better, it's just not worth it. 

As my bottle aged, it just oxydized more and quicker and the formula continuously got drier. 


A lot of people have told me and I've read a lot of reviews online saying that this is the most full coverage and best foundation you can get at the drugstore. If that's true, I'm mildly disappointed by the fact that either a) this is no where near full coverage enough or b) I got a deffective bottle. 

So there's my brutally honest review on the Revlon ColorStay Foundation. 


Did this foundation work for you?
What is your holy grail full coverage foundation?
Have you ever tried any horrible drugstore foundations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! =)

Search This Blog